For many people, finding the right engagement ring isn’t like shopping for a car or a new refrigerator; you can’t just do a ton of research online, compare reviews and pricing, and then ask for word-of-mouth referrals. Engagement rings, and jewelry in general, is an intensely personal purchase whether you are buying for yourself or someone you love. Given that fine jewelry comes with its own language and hundreds of designers, it can get overwhelming quickly. The only way to make that process easier is to find the right jeweler.
That, of course, is easier said than done. The ideal jeweler is one who is established and credentialed with great references and one who not only offers a variety of quality jewelry, but also supportive services like an in-house gemologist, an in-house designer, repair and resizing services, and third-party appraisal services. And, if they are anything like Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry, they should also be approachable, knowledgeable, helpful, and nice.
How do you find out if your next favorite jeweler fits the bill? Easy. You ask.
These five questions are a good start.
- How long have you been in business?
- What services do you offer?
- How do you handle diamond certification and appraisal?
- What can you tell me about the 4Cs? Can you guide me through the process for the jewelry I’m considering?
- What are your policies on returns and warranties?
Once they’ve answered these questions, you’ll start to get a feel for their company culture and your chemistry with them. As they are answering your questions and showing you around the store, ask yourself the following.
- Are they listening to what my needs are or are they selling theirs instead?
- Are they confidentially knowledgeable, or can they at least find someone who is?
- Do I feel better equipped to make a good decision?
- Do I like them and do they have the jewelry and styles I like?
- Do I trust them to take care of my needs long-term?
You may not be marrying your jeweler, but a long term relationship with them can go a long way to making sure your investments are kept in good order and that you’re kept apprised of the pieces best suited to your style and budget. This is exactly why we at Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry excel in this industry; we believe the best relationships are accessorized with the highest quality pieces, attention, and care.
Now, what can we help you with?
Featured Designer: Ippolita
For almost 10 years, Ippolita has created fine jewelry designs that allow women to step into their natural power and beauty. Italian by birth and a Renaissance artist by immersion, Ippolita’s designs feature a gorgeous range of artistry, from asymmetrical bangles to earrings and necklaces that ring with harmony. Several years of experimentation led to what would become her renowned 18k gold collection; you can feel her love of shape and flow on every piece she creates, not only by design but also because each piece is crafted by hand.